The pousada lagoa do cassange is located on the marau peninsula, a unique, authentic and well preserved destination in the state of bahia , the heart of brazil.
The pousada promotes activities in harmony with nature and the principles of sustainable tourism. It is the first lodge in brazil certified by travelife.
We are dedicated to continual improvement so we may:
- Meet the expectations of our guests to the best of our ability.
- Contribute to the quality of life of our collaborator employees, partners and neighboring communities.
- Promote the preservation of the marau peninsula's varied ecosystems and the responsible use of all natural resources.
- Guarantee the long-run economic viability of our work here
- We believe in the integration of the pousada lagoa do cassange with its natural surroundings.
Accordingly, we have developed the following actions
Photovoltaic solar panels provide support electric energy for the restaurant and electronic equipment.
- All lightbulbs are energy-efficient
- Economical (dual flush) toilets
- Organic residues composted for organic fertilizer
- All collaborator employees are from the community.
- Solar water-heated showers
- "Ecobrisa" cooling in bedrooms (an option to air conditioning)
- Rainwater recycled for gardening
Management of the promar institute (ngo) since 1997 and engaged in a long series of educational and sustainable development successes to its credit. www.jardimdasbromelias.org.br
Support of community projects of all kinds
Catalyst of local business projects.